Welcome to Confident Kids and Couples Counseling!We believe in whole family health and wellbeing. We know your family possesses an inherent strength and capacity for resilience. Your family’s innate ability to recover in the face of challenge is absolutely enhanced when you seek support and connection from knowledgeable and empathic people. Our warm and responsive team of specialists can help with your family’s emotional needs. We know the road of life isn’t always smooth. Draw strength from us. We are here to help 5 days a week, with some evening and weekend options.
Our specialties:We offer expert counseling services for
- Children from age 3 & up
- School Age Children
- Individual adults
- All major problem areas such as anxiety, depression, ADHD, stress, grief/loss and trauma.
We offer skilled couples and family counseling as well.We love:
- Helping your relationships be better and more satisfying
- Healing couples who may have experienced infidelity
- Helping prepare engaged couples for a great start to married life
- Easing couples through all the transitions from new babies to empty nest.
Need some new tools for parenting?We can help:
- Children and teens who worry, fret, avoid, and withdraw
- Children and families dealing with autistic spectrum disorder
- Families improve daily routines and make transitions smoother
- Families improve sleep
- Parents get on the same parenting page together
- Parents and families in conflict with kids or between siblings
Experience with change, trauma and lossWe support:
- Women experiencing peri-natal and post-natal emotional distress
- Couples experiencing issues related to infertility and loss
- Women or couples who have experienced miscarriage
- Children’s whose parents are getting a divorce or have recently divorced
- Children, adolescents or adults who have experienced trauma
Healthy lifestyle choicesWe provide help for adolescents and adults with:
- Creating healthy exercise habits
- Improving sleep
- Creating a healthy balance between responsibility and pleasure, connection and solitude
- Substance use problems
- Challenges related to food and eating
Pro-MarriageWe take a pro-marriage stance. If you want your relationship to last and you are willing to work, we will be right there with you, always supporting the marriage moving toward optimal functioning. We do understand that sometimes relationships can’t last and we help in those times too. We value and support the entire spectrum of what family means. We welcome all races and faiths and fully support individuals within the LGBTQ community.
A little about us:Dr. Gretchen Lewis-Snyder and Dr. Sonja Benson have known each other since 2009 and have been working together nearly that long, often helping different parts of the same family. We’ve seen how effective it is for families to have their therapists on the same page, working toward the same goals, together. We wanted to take that vision even bigger and create a space where we could help families with whatever they might need in the realm of mental health and eventually in the complementary health areas too. We envision our space as a safe, comforting and supportive place where families’ whole health is nurtured. We are so proud of the group we’ve put together and we believe you will find every one of our providers to be really top notch. We are all excited to work with you!
Welcome to Confident Kids and Couples Counseling, therapy for your whole family.
Meet Our Providers:
Dr. Karla BuerkleWarm greetings! I’m Dr. Karla Buerkle, a child psychologist specializing in working with young children and their families. The pace of life for families today holds much stress; for children with worries or difficulty focusing, social difficulties or behavioral challenges, learning issues or parenting disagreements, handling these additional difficulties can often seem overwhelming. Taking a Read more
Dr. Kasia Chojan-CymermanDr. Kasia Chojan-Cymerman is a psychologist specializing in providing long-term, depth oriented individual psychotherapy. She has been in private practice for the past 8 years. Over the years she worked with teens, young adults, and adults. Her work as a therapist is guided by psychodynamic/psychoanalytic principles. She trained in Chicago and completed her doctoral and Read more
CO-Owner of CKCC
Dr. Sonja Benson (CO-Owner of CKCC)Dr. Sonja Benson is a psychologist specializing in couples and family therapy, and maintains a private practice in Wayzata, MN. She is trained in numerous assessments and interventions including Gottman method therapy, PREPARE-ENRICH, and a variety of career and personality instruments. With over 15 years experience as a marriage and family therapist, she is Read more
Richard Chamberlin, LMFTA native of Minnesota, Richard received a B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications from the University of Minnesota and then served as a Peace Corps Volunteer for two years in El Salvador. He was a newspaper and magazine editor for several years before starting a marketing communications firm. He then made a career change and Read more
CO-Owner of CKCC
Dr. Gretchen Lewis-Snyder (CO-Owner of CKCC)I have been providing therapy and support for children, teens and families since 2002 and I opened my first private practice, Blossom Child Psychology & Behavioral Health Center, in 2009. I love seeing the relief, hope, and pride parents express as they watch their children develop self-control, coping and social skills, as well as Read more
Conveniently Located At:
firstname.lastname@example.org | (952) 546-5575
Recent Blog Articles
- Sunday Sept 25th show with Dr. Sonja
- Sunday Sept 4th show with Dr. Gretchen and Dr. Sonja
- It’s Not Adding Up: Counting Equally in the Relationship
- Healthy Responses to Anxiety–Part II
- Signs and Symptoms of Child Anxiety
- Healthy Responses to Child Anxiety–Part I
- Child Anxiety: What’s Healthy?
- Put Your Oxygen Mask on Yourself First
- Are You the Default Parent?
- What Men Don’t Know About Women and Sex (That Destroys the Intimacy They Desire)